Digital Engagement Officer
The Institute for Research on Public Policy (IRPP) is looking to improve its brand awareness and foster a stronger feeling of community among current and emerging audiences. We are seeking a Digital Engagement Officer to help strengthen our community outreach and to improve engagement through our social media platforms.
An enthusiastic observer of Canadian politics and public policy, the IRPP’s Digital Engagement Officer will have great writing skills; demonstrated experience managing social media accounts on the major platforms; proven know-how in implementing, interpreting, and strategic use of digital analytics; and an interest in monitoring traditional and online media coverage of the Institute and its key research pillars.
The ideal candidate is a compelling communicator who is keen to connect our audiences with the latest publications from the IRPP’s research programs, daily Policy Options articles, and content from our Centre of Excellence on the Canadian Federation.
Reporting to the IRPP’s Director of Communications, the Digital Engagement Officer will:
- Lead the day-to-day development and execution of social media content by managing our Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram accounts and moderating and responding to comments across those platforms.
- Undertake research that will help us understand and expand our readership on social platforms and increase the impact of our content.
- Develop proactive social media strategies that will foster audience growth and engagement and cultivate our brand by
- Mining digital analytics for actionable insights that will inform a data-driven approach,
- Implementing a social media advertising strategy that will expand the IRPP’s readership and influence, and
- Undertake active community listening to improve social media engagement.
- Monitor media for coverage and content related to the Institute.
- Help develop an editorial voice and proactive audience-growth strategy for the IRPP’s newsletters.
The candidate will have two or three years of related work experience and an undergraduate degree in a field such as communications/marketing, journalism, political science or public policy. They will possess strong writing skills and be detail-oriented. They will be at ease with media monitoring software such as Hootsuite and Meltwater, and they will be fluent in English as well as able to communicate effectively with colleagues in French.
Desirable assets include experience with customer relationship management software, knowledge of web layout and graphic design programs (e.g., WordPress, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, Infogram), and experience with or an interest in video and audio production editing.
The Institute for Research in Public Policy is committed to employment equity and to recruiting a diverse staff. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, members of sexual minorities, persons with disabilities, and those from equity-deserving groups. Candidates are invited to self-identify in their applications.
The successful candidate will be welcome to join the IRPP team at our headquarters in downtown Montreal. We are open to discussing remote-work arrangements.
If you are interested in becoming the IRPP’s Digital Engagement Officer, please email a cover letter, CV and three samples of your written work to email@example.com before March 14 at 9 a.m. EST. The salary range for this position will be disclosed to candidates who have been invited for an interview. Interviews will be conducted virtually.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will schedule interviews during the week of March 14.